Yamaha YZF-R1 Ohlins Road & Track Forks FGRT 801
The R/T fork is based
on technology straight from the Öhlins championship winning superbike
fork. It features the same up-side-down (USD) design. The inner steel
legs have a 43 mm diameter and a polished titanium nitride surface for
lowest possible friction. R/T front forks individual adjusted for each
recommended motorcycle model. Contain all necessary mounting parts.
Spring Rate Recommendations For Rider Weight With Gear
145 lbs to 160 lbs 9.0/9.0 Nmm
150 lbs to 175 lbs 9.0/9.5 Nmm
175 lbs to 195 lbs 9.5/9.5 Nmm
185 lbs to 200 lbs 9.5/10.0 Nmm
195 lbs to 220 lbs 10.0/10.0 Nmm
210 lbs to 235 lbs 10.0/10.5 Nmm
230 lbs to 255 lbs 10.5/10.5 Nmm
245 lbs to 270 lbs 10.5/11.0 Nmm
above 260 lbs 11.0/11.0 Nmm
friction with Teflon coated low friction bushings.
• Low inner friction allows harder springs with plush feeling.
• Low friction seals.
• TiN coated steel inner legs Øo43/Øi40 with gold
colour for low friction and maximum hardness.
• Fully adjustable compression, rebound and preload with simple
• Interchangeable springs for different riders 8-10N/mm. Standard
• Rigid aluminium outer legs for maximum stiffness.
• Setting can be changed.
• High performance piston kit available for increased performance
during track days/competition.
• Better control of wheel movement.
• Increased feed back to the rider.
• Fits bolt on, no modification necessary, all parts necessary included.
Stock brakes and fender fits, no special tools required.
• Fem analyzed aluminium AA 7075 brake brackets for low weight and
• Matches the performance of the bike better.
• Completely rebuildable, all parts interchangeable.
• Highest possible quality and finish.
• All brackets in high quality aluminium.
• Stroke 120mm/4.724 inch.
• No hydraulic stop to make wheel bounce, soft stop rubber instead!
• Design based on the well known Superbike fork.
• 43 mm Tin coated inner steel tubes, that protects the legs from
damage and keeps friction ultra low.
• External adjusters for rebound-, compression damping and spring
• Optional spring rates available.
absorbers are an integral part of motor sport history. Past, present and
future. Today, the company enjoys a major market presence in terms of
high performance and top quality suspension products for motorcycles,
cars, four-wheels and snowmobiles.
firm dedication to motocross and enduro led firstly to road racing, and
then to new markets for production bikes, just as emphasis on snowmobile
racing led to a new market for regular snowmobiles. More than 100 World
Championship and other major titles are definitive proof that Öhlins
shock absorbers offer outstanding performance and reliability. And never
one to forget his roots, Kenth Öhlin sees to it that race track service
and support remains an important part of the company's operations.
vehicles can be seen at World Championship events around the globe, at
motocross, enduro, superbike, road racing venues. Suspension products
from Öhlins have also been dominating a couple of classes in the
car-racing scene for years. Meanwhile, official distributors ensure an
active presence, and support at local level. The company sells its products
throughout the World from offices in Stockholm and Hendersonville, NC,
USA as well as a world-wide network of distributors in over 50 countries,
the largest which include Japan, USA, Germany, the UK, Italy and France.
Since 1987, Öhlins Racing has been majority-owned by the Yamaha Motor
Company, though it continues to operate as a dynamic, independent company
within the business group. Over 90% of the company's turnover is accounted
for by the export market, equally divided between original manufacturers
and aftermarket sales. Included among Öhlins biggest M/C customers
are Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia and Gas Gas.
Each product from
Öhlins has been customised for a specific vehicle model. The target
for the future is to achieve an annual volume increase of 15-20%. In order
to make this happen, over a third of the company's workforce are actively
involved in key research and development. Since the company was first
started, front forks, front fork springs, steering dampers, special oils
and greases have all been added to the Öhlins Racing product range.
There is more to come.